smiling girl

How to Get Help:


If you are homeless (living on the street, in your car, woods, or other place not meant for human habitation) please call either Northern Virginia Family Services or ACTS for emergency shelter assistance. Your first step is calling either NVFS or ACTS to get into a shelter.

Northern Virginia Family Services – 571-748-2603

ACTS – 703-221-3188


If you are in danger of losing your housing (trying to prevent or facing eviction, conflict with housemates, etc.) call Northern Virginia Family Services for Prevention Services at 571-748-2671.


BARN’S Community Living Program:

Beginning May 1, 2017, BARN will operate a Community Living Program. There will no longer be Transitional Housing program at BARN. Participants in this program will pay a monthly program fee, and have access to the supportive services BARN has provided for nearly 20 years.

If you are looking for a program to help you and your family get back on your feet and are interested in our Community Living Program call the BARN office at 703-369-1325. Office hours are M-F 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM. Please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as someone can assist you.


Rapid Re-Housing Program:

To qualify for the Rapid Re-Housing Program you must be homeless and referred by the emergency shelter, DSS, or other non-profit/faith based group.